Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Welcome 2011 CYCLE Kids Boston Marathon Team!


Thank you for choosing to be a member of the CYCLE Kids team!  Your hard work in training fundraising is truly going to make a difference in the lives of our students.  You are going to be role models for those kids, and the funds you raise will enable CYCLE Kids to give our program to more schools, giving hundreds more children the knowledge and tools they need to live happy and healthy lives!

I've really enjoyed talking to you all on the phone.  I think we have a team of wonderful, dedicated, generous people and I am excited to meet you all and to work with you over the next few months.  Please contact me ANY TIME if you have questions about the team- setting up your page, fundraising ideas, training concerns- anything at all!  I'm always available by email at rmueller@cyclekids.org and my number is 617-661-0908.

We will use this blog to communicate about team events and deadlines, to schedule team runs, to ask our coach (Mary Johanson) training questions, and to get to know each other!

Please take a look at the important documents we have uploaded.  There is a team guide that summarizes the most important information you will need.  There are also sample fundraising letters and letterhead for you to use, more information about the organization, training tips and schedules, and even posters for those of you who want to host fundraising events.

Team Meeting and Dinner!
All of you local runners should try to be at our first team meeting/dinner on Monday, December 6th at 6:30pm.  Carolyn Bailey, a CYCLE Kids board member and devoted supporter of our marathon teams, has offered up her lovely home at 62 Foster Street in Cambridge, MA 02138.  Team dinners at her house are always a ton of fun and we hope you can all make it to meet each other, meet your coach Mary, and to meet the CYCLE Kids gang.  Please RSVP as soon as possible.  A special thanks to Jim Mydosh who is making a 3 hour drive from CT so that he can be with us on Monday!

Fundraising
If you have not done so already, please set up your Razoo.com page.  I am here to help if you have any trouble.
Note: There has been some confusion with one of the fields you need to fill out when you create your page.  Please type your full name in the "Designation" box- this is how Razoo tells CYCLE Kids which runner the donation was made for.  If you have something other than your name in there now, please change it!  I apologize for any confusion- this is our first year with the site so we will all be learning to use it together!
I am also waiting on bios from many of you- email them to me when you have a chance and I will update the blog with your information.  Please also send a picture- some of you were only asked to send a bio (sorry!)- I realized that I can put up a picture as well so send them along!  I lifted some of your Razoo photos- please let me know if you would like me to use something different.

Last but not least, I want to recognize two fundraising all stars- Bob Frazer and Scott Freed have been working hard and have each raised over $1000 already- great work!  Make sure to share your secrets for success with your team mates!

Once we are all up and fundraising on Razoo, I will recognize all-stars weekly.  There will be some fun contests in the near future with prizes like a year's supply of water from Poland Spring and items from Polar Heart Rate Monitors and Thule.

Again- thank you for choosing CYCLE Kids and good luck with your training and fundraising!

-Rebekah

No comments:

Post a Comment