Saturday, December 4, 2010

Latest news from Jim

Hello! We didn't race in a turkey trot this year, but my entire family ran in the Cow Chip XC on Saturday Nov 27th. It was a fun run through fields and woods in Trumbull, CT. It was just under 4 miles. Some people dressed in "Cow attire", and it was a great event on a utterly perfect morning!

Nice club run this morning. 8 miles. Lots of talk about recent marathons, NYC, Philly.. Told the group about Cycle Kids and my running on the team! Everyone was happy to hear the news, as I had been telling them about it in past weeks. No one coughed up any dough but they did seem receptive. We have a club party soon and I plan on a mass-e-mailing to members soon.

I just heard that I placed AG 3rd in a summer long distance race series of 4 races, including 2 half's and a 20k! It was a hard summer to race in with the heat. It took a toll on me. You can see my races at my Athlinks site. I over-trained this summer, but learned from that.

Right now I;m enjoying some yoga and ramping up my weight training, before I start to put in more serious longer mileage later. My next race is on Sunday, the famous Christopher Martins New Haven 5k, run for Children! http://www.jbsports.com/cmchrisrun.htm All 4 Mydosh's are racing!

I'm new to this blogging thing, so I hope this is all not too much info - There is a lot more going on, but later on that.... Jim


No comments:

Post a Comment