Sunday, January 2, 2011

Happy New Year from Jim!

Hello everyone! I haven't posted in a while so I wanted to catch everyone up on what's going on in New Haven, CT! New Years day brought in the first race of the year for the Mydosh family, the Chilly Chile 5k in Orange, CT. The weather was excellent, sunny in the 40's so there was a record crowd in attendance, including three 90 year old men racing! A total of 8 members of my family participated. http://www.hitekracing.com/results11/orange0101.htm

I'm signed up for the local Boston Buildup series here, and the first is Rowayton 10k on Jan 9th. I'll end up missing one of the series races because I'll be in Hyannis with many of you, running the marathon on Feb 27th! My family will be there with me and at least one member of my running club, who is doing the half. http://www.clubct.org/Buildup/BosBuild.html

Nice 10mile training run this morning, in the misty cool fresh air. The hilly course I train on takes me down to a river walk path in my town, where I'm always happy to see fellow runners and walkers enjoying the outdoors. Part of my course is cross country by some lakes. The melting snow made me think of running in the sand on the beach, a real nice workout!

Hope everyone had a fun holiday and that their training and fundraising are going well!

A mantra from my last yoga class: Live, Love, Serve, Breath, and you will see!

Jim


No comments:

Post a Comment